Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vivian Helena, Sierra Art Trails

Sierra Art Trails was a exhilarating experience again. I have participated in all but 2 years. This year I was at Julie Michell's Home Studio, in Coarsegold, with 2 other fantastic artists. I am mainly a Mixed Media Fiber Artist. I love working with gourds, paint, jewelry and yarns.

I quilted a series of wall kites, the larger one is hand painted, beaded, appliqued, with ribbon streamers, named "Texas Rose". The smaller one in the corner called "Floral Kite". I displayed "Shrine to Land and Sky", which is in the book 1000 Artisan Textiles. Sometimes I frame my pieces, other times they hang so that you can see the fine stitching and texture. I displayed my hand dyed scarves, jewelry and miniature gourd necklaces. It was a delightful day of friends, and new friends being welcomed to our site.

No comments:

Post a Comment